Organization: Conflict Resolution Center
Date Posted: 10/11/2019
City: Hildebran, N.C.
Primary Category: Leadership Conflict Resolution Position
Salary: $37,000.00 – $45,000.00 yearly with benefits available
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: 4-year degree and two years of experience in the human service field
Roles and Responsibilities:
The E. D. will . . .
• Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Conflict Resolution Center (CRC)
• Report to the Board of Directors
• Be responsible for setting and implementing the strategic plan for CRC
• Prepare and monitor the annual budget approved by the Board of Directors. Operate within the approved budget, allocate funds, allocate expenses, and assigns staff time and physical resources.
• Hire and manage staff according to policy.
• Oversee CRC’s fundraising efforts.
• Provide administrative support by maintaining Board and organizational records and by maintaining communications between Board of Directors and staff.
• Attend and participate in Mediation Network of North Carolina meetings
• Be responsible for signing employee checks when timesheets are produced according to Center policy.
• Be responsible for the management of the JCPC contract and all reporting involved.
• Implement a new restorative justice juvenile program [Sentencing Circles] beginning in 2020, if funded by the JCPC.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Consult with staff on programmatic and administrative decision-making.
• Be able to work effectively as part of a small, collaborative team and independently.
• Have a thorough knowledge of administrative office practices, office management principles & techniques.
• Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate all agency training activities and programs in mediation, conflict resolution, restorative practices and other collaborative dispute resolution techniques.
The Executive Director agrees to complete the 24 hours of District Criminal Court Mediation training offered by the Dispute Resolution Commission at the first available opportunity, and complete the application process to become a certified District Criminal Court Mediator with the DRC as soon as possible after employment.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your mediation and restorative practices training and experience, as well as, leadership experience.
Submit a resume and additional information that reflects why you would be a good candidate for this position.
Submit these items to email@example.com by the closing date of 11/15/2019
Submit these items to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 11/15/2019.
Position available on January 2, 2020.
The retiring E.D. will provide 2+ month of orientation and is willing to assist in the management of the agency’s daily operations on a part-time basis to facilitate a smooth transition.